Saturday September 12 | 3:00 – 6:00 PM
(rain date September 13)
Let’s get together for an early fall Field Trip to the lovely town of Simsbury CT!
The town has been celebrating its 350th birthday by installing 36 life-sized bronze sculptures by Seward Johnson. They are scattered around the town and reflect everyday life. There are many other areas to explore and photograph. Note the time which will allow us to take advantage of the afternoon/evening light.
The following are some great locations we can photograph:
- Drake Hill Bridge of Flowers
- Tulmeadow Farm (fabulous farm made ice cream and several barns, equipment)
- Rosedale Farm and Winery (grape vines, vegetables, barn)
- The Pickin’ Patch Farm and vegetable stand
- Downtown (interesting buildings, several life size bronze sculptures on the green)
- Stratton Brook State Park (covered bridge, small pond, stream)
To see photos of these great places, visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewHavenCameraClub
Further details will be provided to those who sign up.
Deadline for signing up is September 10th.
Please email or text Art Yost – put Simsbury Trip in the subject line.
Arty43@comcast.net or 203-606-3894.
· PLEASE NOTE:
· You must be a paid member and have signed a release waiver (part of the membership form) to attend any of the club field trips.
· All current safety guidelines will be followed – Keeping 6 ft. apart and wearing masks.