Thursday, September 26, 2019
The New Haven Camera Club wishes to inform you that the
CAMERA GEAR & PHOTOGRAPHY SALE
that was scheduled for October 14, 2019 has been cancelled due to a lack of seller
participation. We anticipate rescheduling the event in 2020 and will post the details as
Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- Must be a camera club or PPA member.
- Possible items: digital cameras, lenses, filters, other equipment & accessories, prints and other photographic art items.
- Sellers will decide how payment will be accepted, with 20% of proceeds going to the New Haven Camera Club.
- The deadline for reserving a space is October 1, 2019.
- Contact Jan Doyle at 203-314-3095and/or email@example.com more information and/or make a reservation – [Jan needs to know your space requirements].
- Sellers should arrive at 6:15 to set up for the 7 pm opening.
Friday, September 6, 2019
Join NHCC on Monday September 9th for 'Create Fine Art Photographs from Historic Places and Rusty Things'
Where: Unitarian Universalist church in Hamden; 700 Hartford Turnpike, Hamden, CT 06517
Come at 6:45, programs start at 7:00.
Programs are FREE and open to the public (You must be a member to compete, attend workshops and field trips).
We meet on the 2nd Monday of the month for our programs and the fourth Monday of the month for our competitions.
Lisa will discuss the love for RUST and her approach to and experience with photographing historic and abandoned buildings, urban decay, etc. She will show techniques for wide angle and close-up photography including the use of HDR (high dynamic range), EDR (extended dynamic range), HDR-panoramas, and light painting in this program. Equipment and techniques used to bring out the beauty and drama of these subjects will also be discussed as we show our fascination with RUST. She aims to inspire you: inspire you to visit new "old" places and to get to know them well enough to tell their story, inspire you to capture high dynamic range images and to light paint, and inspire you to create art from decay.