Remember to set aside some mental energy for the assigned subjects for the 2018-19 season. You have all summer to concentrate on getting stunning images that fit there eight categories. This is what the membership voted on. Remember that the board voted last year to remove the rule that assigned subject topics would not be reused, so we had a lot more to pick from this year when we voted. Assigned Subject 2018-19 The assigned subject electronic competition is in addition to our regular open subject competition, and our monochrome and our creative category competitions.
Sept - Street Photography Oct - Cemetery & grave stones Nov - Faces Jan - Stairs Feb - Front Doors March - Buildings April- Reptiles (not amphibians)
Please join us for our End of Year Banquet and Image of the Year Competition
June 11 at Bellini's Restaurant, 3 Broadway, in North Haven, CT
Whether you can attend or not, you are still eligible to enter images into the competition.
Eligibility: Open category electronic photos, Image Artistry photos, Monochrome photos,
Assigned Subject photos entered into the year's competitions are eligible as follows:
1. Open - enter up to 4 images (from monthly open or assigned subject competitions)
2. Monochrome - enter up to 2 images (from the monthly monochrome competitions)
3. Image Artistry - enter up to 2 images (from the monthly image artistry competitions)
4. Joe DiChello Landscape/Seascape - enter up to 2 images (from any category)
5. Jane Sibley Nature Competition - enter up to 2 images (from any category)
This means you can enter up to 12 images.
1. Images must have been competed during the 2017-18 season.
2. The image did not have to win a ribbon.
3. NO duplicate images. Each photo may only be entered once in an end of
year competition. Example: If a photo is entered in one of the Open categories,
it may not be entered into the Nature competition or the Landscape/Seascape
4. Deadline is Wednesday, June 6, but please try to enter as early as possible.
If you did not keep track of your images, the images are available for viewing on the NHCC website. Go to the Photographs tab. click on Photographers. Click on your name to find all of your images submitted this season.
You do NOT enter through Photo Contest Pro. Paul Peterson has all the images from this season. Email him - firstname.lastname@example.org to give him your choices. Put
NHCC EOY Images in the subject line. In the body of the email, list all the images you wish to enter for each category.
For each image, list the category you want to enter (Class A Open, Class B Open, Class A Image Artistry, Class B Image Artistry, Class A Monochrome, Class B Monochrome, Joe DiChello Landscape/Seascape, Jane Sibley Nature). Then list the title, the month when the image was competed, and the original category in which it was competed. See example below.
From: Happy Photographer
Subject: NHCC EOY Images
Enter into EOY Landscape/Seascape category
1. Pretty Waterfall from September 2017 assigned subject
2. Blue Hour from November 2017 open
Enter into EOY Nature
1. Pretty Bird from May 2018 open
2. Canyonlands from October 2017 open
Enter into EOY Monochrome (B or A)
1. City Buildings from March 2018 monochrome
2. Little Girl from January 2018 monochrome
Enter into EOY Image Artistry (B or A)
1. Flower Power from September 2017 image artistry
2. Planets from February 2018 image artistry
Enter into EOY Open (B or A)
1. Falling Water from October 2017 open
2. Eagle from November 2017 open
3. Lines from February 2018 assigned subject
4. Abandoned from May 2018 assigned subject
If you have any questions, email Paul - email@example.com
When he finally enters your images into the competition (this may take a few days), he will send you an email to confirm your entry.