IN-PERSON PRORGAM: New Perspectives for Wildlife Photography by Ivan Rothman Monday, November 14th, 7pm

 NEW Perspective FOR WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHY

a Presentation by Ivan Rothman

Monday, November 14th, 7pm, In Person

AFRICAN HIDE PHOTOGRAPHY

After 10 trips to Africa for safari, I discovered camps in southern Africa that specialize in HIDE photography.  Entering a sunken hide at the base of a watering hole gives an incredible perspective of being inches above the water at eye level with and very close to the animals.   With  big animals is the chance to shoot up at them with wide angle lenses, making them even larger.  This has surpassed any other experience I have had in Africa.



SMALL BIRDS IN FLIGHT     -    RAPTORS IN FLIGHT 

Photographing in Texas and Arizona.  I will describe the methods for photographing small birds in flight around a feeder.  Also raptors in flight.

MACRO PHOTOGRAPHY with OFF CAMERA FLASH and Reflectors    


EAGLES in Homer, Alaska

PHOTO BIOGRAPHY FOR IVAN ROTHMAN

I am a retired physician from Long Island, NY with a 50+ year photo experience, since college when I was photo editor of the yearbook taking pictures with black and white film and learning my way around a black and white darkroom.  We have come a long way since then. 

In the last 25 years, I have developed a passion for wildlife photography, traveling to many beautiful and exotic parts of the world.  That has included over 10 trips to 7 countries in Africa and trips to the Arctic Ocean, Antarctica, China, Japan, Iceland, Central and South America and throughout North America.

I am a Nikon shooter and I have now entered the new world of mirrorless cameras.  I enjoy printing on a large format Epson printer, mostly using canvas.  I participate in teaching presentations for photographic techniques and for processing the images in Lightroom, Photoshop and other software.  But my real passion is producing multimedia slide shows, blending in music to enhance the story told by the photographs.