Join NHCC for a program "I’m Alive" by Ivan Rothman November 30th at 7pm via Zoom
This is a presentation of wildlife from all across the world, set to an inspirational and uplifting musical theme. It includes travels throughout North America including Alaska, Central and South America, the Galapagos Islands and the Falkland Islands, Antarctica, Brazil’s Pantanal, Iceland, Japan, China and 7 countries in Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia and South Africa).
It is a celebration of wildlife from all across the world set to an uplifting musical theme. It now includes new photos from Antarctica, Brazil’s Pantanal, more African pictures and a lot more. Ivan recently returned from 3 weeks in Southern Africa where he specialized in “hide” photography. He spent his time in small rooms built into the ground at the edge of watering holes - his cameras were just inches above water level and the animals were very very close. It was an absolutely unique experience resulting in photos unlike any he has been able to do on his many previous African trips. Imagine photographing elephants 10 feet away from the ground with a wide angle lens - main problem was getting splashed by the elephants in the water.
Ivan is a retired physician from Long Island, NY with a 40+ year photography experience and a love for wildlife photography. For the last 20 years he has travelled the world in search of nature and wildlife.
WELCOME to the NEW HAVEN CAMERA CLUB
- Our organization was established in 1911.
- We have been meeting via ‘Zoom’ since March 2020, but our regular meeting place is the Unitarian Society of New Haven at 700 Hartford Turnpike, Hamden CT, at 6:45 pm on the 2nd & 4th Mondays.
- A camera club is where the learning of photography begins, continues, and never ends.
- Involvement in a camera club is a sure way of improving, enjoying, and sharing your hobby.]
- Our regular meetings are FREE and open to the public. NHCC members are eligible to participate in field trips, workshops, and friendly competitions.