The New Haven Camera Club is sponsoring a workshop with Denise Ippolito on Sunday Sept 11th.
This workshop is designed for Denise to show us her workflow with regards to macro, blurs and creative filtering techniques.
"Exploring The Softer Side of Macro (based on my successful e-book, "The Softer Side of Macro." Here I will include the techniques that I have used and developed for capturing soft, dreamy flower images using natural light (along with diffusers and reflectors at times). Creative Filtering and Effects -- I will share my techniques for creating exciting and artistic images using creative plug-ins and a variety of Photoshop filters (all as detailed in my popular e-book of the same name)."
Date: Sunday, September 11th 2011
Place: CT either Branford or Milford (depends upon how many people we end up with)
PRICE: $100 per person includes a copy of “A Guide to Creative Filters and Effects”. See below
Please mail a check (made out to Denise Ippolito) to me (Lisa Cuchara) in order to sign up for this workshop. Email me at email@example.com to sign up.
"I will also show you how to choose your backgrounds effectively so that they best set off your subject. We will carefully consider perspective and image design. My goal is to help you to create the images you have always wanted. While in the field participants are encouraged to ask me anything they like about capturing and processing their images. I will teach you how to create pleasing images. We will carefully consider perspective and image design. I look forward to an exciting and fun workshop!"
“A Guide to Creative Filters and Effects” by Denise Ippolito. This 19,000 word, 146 page CD is fully illustrated and outlines many Photoshop Filters and Creative Plug-ins. Each detailed tutorial section is written in a clear, concise, simple, easy to follow style that can be followed even by someone opening up Photoshop for the first time. Retail Price: CD $42.00 (included with the workshop), downloadable PDF file $38.00
Below is a list of the filters and effects that are detailed in the Filter Guide. Filters with the ($) symbol require a separate purchase. Most of the others are Photoshop filters and one is a free download. The Filter Guide includes links to all available free trial downloads so that you can try before you buy. Though–as above–many of the filters can be found in various versions of Photoshop.
* Topaz Simplify, Clean, and BuzSim Filter ($)
* Flaming Pear Filter (including Swerve ($), Twist ($) & Vein-a free download)
* Fractalius (including Denise’s Soft-Fix preset creation) ($–Windows only)
* Adding Texture (Photoshop)
* NIK Color Efex Pro including Midnight Filter ($)
* Omni Lighting (Photoshop)
* Pinch Filter (Photoshop)
* Twirl Filter (Photoshop)
* Ripple Filter (Photoshop)
* Radial Blur (Photoshop)
* Find Edges Filter (Photoshop)
* Orton Effect (Photoshop)
* Blank Canvas Creations! (Photoshop)
* The Mixer Brush
* The New Paste Special Option in CS-5 (Photoshop)
* DAP ($)
* Polar Coordinates and Mini-Worlds (Photoshop)
* Holiday Lights Creations (Photoshop)
* Snap Art 2 Impasto Filter ($)
* Creating Composites (Photoshop)
* Creating Your Own Brush Presets (Photoshop)
* Using Blend Modes Creatively
* Using Layer Masks and Inverse Layer Masks Creatively (CS versions of Photoshop)
* Kaleidoscopes (Free Plug-in, Windows only)
* Combinations of all of the above
My name is Denise Ippolito I am freelance photographer, artist and writer living in NJ. I am also a moderator for Bird Photographers.Net, which is an online photography site. My new eBook which is titled "Impressions of Bosque del Apache” is an expression of art and nature. I have co-led several BIRDS AS ART Instructional Photo-Tours with Arthur Morris, who is a Canon Explorer of Light. He is a world renowned bird photographer and teacher. I now offer on-line courses as well as half day workshops featuring avian, macro and HDR photography. I have received an honorable mention in the highly regarded Nature’s Best Windland Smith Rice competition 2010 in the Creative Digital Category.