Our next NHCC competition deadline is tomorrow.
Your images must be emailed to NHCCwin@yahoo.com before midnight Nov 20th.
Photographs must be in the JPEG format and scaled to a maximum of 1024 pixels wide and a maximum of 768 pixels high.
If you need help entering the digital competition for the first time please see a current member.
These directions are very simple to do, but sometimes simple things appear complicated when written down. Ever try to write down directions to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich? Showing someone is much easier.
Our digital competition requires that only you
(1) resize your image to 1024 x 768 and save it as a jpg and
(2) that you name it properly so that it can be competed, the scores databased and the image displayed on properly on the NHCC website competition gallery. Note that file names may not contain spaces because we may post some or all of the entries and results on our club Internet site which runs on a Unix operating system that does not allow spaces. Use the underline character (“_”) instead of spaces in titles.
An example file name formatted correctly is A1$Jones$Bill$Red_Skier$2005-11.jpg
The first letter is A, B, OR S for special category.You can enter TWO images in A or B and in TWO images in S. The A or B open competition photographs do NOT have to be the same subject as the special category.
For information on the assigned subject competition see
Our handbook with the complete rules and instructions can be found on the NHCC website: http://www.newhavencameraclub.org/handbook.htm
1. Must be brought in by 7:15 in order for the print handlers to have time to write the titles on the score shhets and organize the prints
2. Prints must be between 8 by 10 inches and 16 by 20 inches.
3. Prints must be mounted on mat board or foam core board. Any size mat board or foam core board is allowed up to 16"x20".
4. Prints may be matted conventionally or electronically as long as the maximum dimensions are not exceeded.
5. On the back of each print clearly print your name and address, title, order designation (1 or 2), and an arrow indicating which edge is the top. This information may be printed on one or more labels affixed to the back if you prefer not to write on the mount.
If you are submitting make-up photographs, use the year and month of the competition being made up rather than the year and month of the competition into which entered. If entering make-up photographs for the October 2008 competition in the January 2009 competition, the year and month should be “2008-10”, not “2009-01”.• When inserting the competition date, use a 4 digit year (for example 2007) followed by a dash (“-“) followed by a two digit month (09, 10, 11, 01, 02, 03, 04, or 05).