Member's Spotlight: Hazel Meredith

OOOH I am so excited. Already a response! Thank you Hazel!!



Name: Hazel Meredith
Spouse: Dave
Children: stepson, Dale
Pets: none right now

Profession: Office Manager at CT Home Mortgage; owner Meredith Graphics & Design
Favorite comfort food: macaroni & cheese
Favorite childhood memory: vacations with my parents
My other hobbies include: Auto Racing (watching, not driving - though I'd love to try it!); crafts of all types
Prized Possession: Old photo albums
I’ve never been able to: learn to swim
I’d give anything to have met:
Major personal accomplishments: getting my MNEC in 2008
Three words that best describe me: Friendly; loyal; enthusiastic
My personal goals are:
My Camera: Canon 40D & 20D

Year that I joined NHCC: 2008

I am also a member of (other photo clubs): Greater Bridgeport CC; Huntington Photographic Society; CAP, PSA

The reason I joined the NHCC: Cool field trips! And I know lots of members already!

Positions held (photography related): President & Treasurer, Greater Bridgeport Camera Club; President, Huntington Photographic Society; President, Connecticut Association of Photographers; Editor of "Camera Club News" Column for PSA Journal; NECCC conference committee member

Favorite Photography Subject matter: I like it all! Wildlife, landscapes, macro, sports

Favorite photography trip: Bryce Canyon/Zion National Park or Tuscon, AZ (love both places)

The best part of being a photographer is: Getting to enjoy and appreciate nature's splendor

I became interested in photography when: I was young. Got "re-interested" when I started photographing auto races and then joined a camera club.

My advice to other photographers is: Just get out there and DO IT! Don't worry about what equipment you have (or don't have).

Here are a few of Hazel's photographs. You can see more on her website: http://gbcclub.org/meredith.aspx