April 13 Rich Asarisi presents "Astrophotography"

April 13 Rich Asarisi presents "Astrophotography"

Astrophotography -- A general overview

I will provide a basic overview of the equipment and concepts used in astrophotography.  We will discuss types of glass required, the mounts available and the camera's that can be used for this type of  photography.  I will discuss the proper setup of your mount from leveling and polar alignment to focussing and tracking.  We will discuss image acquisition, manual or software driven, exposure times and ISO settings.  I will also touch upon guiding, what it is and how it can benefit your images.  I will also touch on accessories that you will need to be successful at astro-imaging.  I will give information on how to process your images after you have captured them to make them look their best.






Rich Asarisi - A nature lover, my favorite thing to do is to spend time in the wild getting to know nature. I enjoy watching, and photographing nature. From the time I was a boy scout I have always had a fascination with nature. I'd much rather be out in the wild with my camera observing and photographing then anywhere else. I am a freelance nature photographer interested in birds, mammals, landscapes, stars, planets and all aspects of astrophotography.  http://www.bluebirdsknoll.com/blog/index.html

I shoot astro images with a Nikon D4 and various lenses, Ioptron mounts, Meade Telescopes and accessories by Astro-Physics.