Shirley Mangler

As many of you know, I work a few days a week at The Fat Robin Birdwatching and Nature Shop in Hamden. It was nearly 6:00 PM last Monday and I was getting ready to close the store shortly when a tall, lanky fellow walked in and said he needed to get a few bags of millet seed. I looked at him and said "I know you". He said he knew me too but that his name was Harold and he was Shirley Mangler's husband and he was getting some seed to take home. We talked for a few minutes and I told him many of us miss not having Shirley at our meetings - I'm sure the folks from the Wallingford club feel the same way too, and I asked him to say hello to Shirley for all of us. She has had medical problems off and on and I'm sure a "thinking about you" card would really make her day.


I don't want to broadcast her home address all over the cyber world but if you would like to send Shirley a card, I'm sure that if you emailed or called Tom & Lisa Cuchara, they would be happy to give you Shirley's home address.

Gary